Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Fresh Aire

I came home from school today and pulled out my Fresh Aire piano music and played through the entire book. Those of you unfamiliar with the Fresh Aire series might recognize composer Chip Davis's band: Mannheim Steamroller. Davis was one of the pioneers of the neo-classical New Age sound, combining jazz chords, punk rhythms, and modern electronic instrumentation with classical structure and professionalism. Fresh Aire was one of those contemporary collections of music I grew up playing, and playing it now always takes me back. I feel refreshed.


Oh, and for those of you who are wondering about my previous posts:
  • I didn't get the job at Microsoft. It was a fun vacation, and I really enjoyed the area, but the position just didn't seem like a good fit for me. I'm interested in Software Development, and they wanted me in testing. Oh well.
  • The Guitar Hero tournament was kinda lame. Most of the people there were excellent players, and those running the show had the first round run on "Medium" difficulty. Given the group that showed up, it was a bit like asking a bunch of Math graduate students to do 7th grade Algebra. As a result, the first round was less about skill and more about being lucky and not making a mistake in the middle of a streak. [shrug] Such is life. I'm not too torn up about it.

No comments: