Thursday, July 03, 2008

Ridiculously pleased

I'm a nerd.

I know it. You don't need to tell me so. In fact, I kinda get a lot of enjoyment out of it.

Anyway.

I was sitting at my job, and I heard another one of the students mention that he was about to go home to play Riven. I immediately perked up, as Riven is the sequel to Myst, and as dedicated readers know, I love the Myst series.

Naturally, I asked him how far along he was. He told me he was stuck at a particular part, and was actually planning on looking it up online. He felt he had the correct solution, and it just wasn't working. I'm not a big fan of using online help sites for puzzle games like Riven, since you tend to see more than you were looking for, so I offered to give him a hint or two. We talked, and he was able to figure out what he was doing wrong. Hooray. I asked if he'd played Exile (Myst III), which he hadn't, so I told him to look forward to it. A few minutes of conversation later, he was gone.

I then elated for the next 5 minutes that I'd talked to someone about Myst.

[elates]

...

Yes, I know it.

I'm a nerd.


Did anyone notice the slightly chiasmic structure of this post? I did!

3 comments:

Michele said...

I did, actually.

Anonymous said...

You video game nerd. :-P Go pay attention to your wife.

Corona4456 said...

I never really got into the Myst series so I can't really relate to you there but I can relate on video game ?nerdiness?. Been playing quite a bit of PS3 lately :)