Monday, November 17, 2008

I'm kinda prideful

I just finished taking an in-class test. There were eight short-answer questions on the test, two questions per page.


As I got to the last page of the test, I had to look up every time someone turned their page or rustled their test; I was worried that someone would finish before me. This is a silly and prideful thought, of course, because neither my learning nor my grade in the class is affected in the least by how long I take on the test. In fact, I would have been wise to take a moment to review all my answers to make sure I hadn't made any mistakes. I would have been wise to write more slowly on those last two answers, to make sure I didn't miss any key words instead of rushing to be first.

But I wanted to be first. Somehow this makes me think that since nobody finished before me, nobody's going to do significantly better than me, and thus my grade won't suffer.

Guess what.

I was first.

No comments: