Tuesday, September 04, 2007

And so it goes

I now present you with a collection of brief thoughts, events, or points of interest from my life. I didn't really feel that any deserved a post on its own, but together they're fun.

While entering Dragon Lady's house a couple weeks ago, I opened the storm door door. Or rather, I attempted to open the door. I immediately pulled my hand back when I felt a sharp prick and saw a bee fly out of the handle. I'm cautious every time now, but apparently it's earned me the title of "Gallant Knight" who protects the inhabitants from guerrilla bee stakeouts.

If you lay your hand flat on a table and close the thumb in toward the rest of the hand, you'll see a small area of skin poke up near the base of your thumb. That area of skin contains almost no nerves, and somewhere along the way I developed the habit of biting it when I'm thinking. Did you know you can bite hard enough to leave significant teeth marks without much pain? Yep, it's pretty fun. (Make sure to just get the skin, and not the veins, arteries, tendons, or muscles underneath. Also, I take no responsibility for any personal harm caused by your own experimentation. Don't be stupid, okay?)

In a recent move to secure control, China has declared it illegal to reincarnate within their borders without express government approval. This caused me to laugh for hours.

I recently finished my internship at a local software company. As I rode the elevator the seven floors down to the main entrance for the last time, I couldn't help but hum the theme from Europe's "The Final Countdown." Optimistic. would have been proud of me.
And so it goes, and so it goes, and you're the only one who knows.

2 comments:

Corona4456 said...

Bee - Ouch!
Biting habit - Hmm... interesting
China - Hah!
Internship - Did you have a word of the day (WOTD) there?

Eliza said...

I don't get the numb skin thing....I think I need a demonstration