Thursday, November 08, 2007

In which I demonstrate my amazing strength

Last night I was over at Dragon Lady's house when one of their sinks clogged up.  Having seen a few clogged drains in my time, I figured that the problem was likely in the J-trap underneath the sink.  While clearing out a J-trap is a messy operation, it's not all that difficult, so I figured I'd try my hand.

We looked around for a bit until we found a wrench and a large mop bucket to catch the falling water, and went to work.  It was quickly apparent to me that the nuts under this particular sink hadn't been loosened in a very long time, so I tried to apply slow, constant pressure in order to break the rust-lock.  After about a minute of working on it, the wrench moved slightly and a little bit of water started leaking out.  Taking this as a good sign, I continued pulling gently but firmly in that direction.  A second shift, and more water leaked out.

It was after the third shift that I took a closer look at what was happening.  I was actually twisting the pipe in half.  Yes, that's right.  Last night, I twisted a metal pipe in half with only my bare hands and a small wrench.

Who knew I had such strength?

I'm sure it had nothing to do with the age of the pipe.  Nothing at all.  Let me assure you.

1 comment:

Brooklyn said...

Superman ... my hero!