Thursday, December 06, 2007

Anyone for a game of Scraggle?

I've published previously about the Preposition Game and the License Plate Game.  Well, I've got another game for you lexiphiles.


The game is really pretty simple.  In standard conversation, simply switch your 'B's and your 'G's.  I'll admit that this isn't so much a game as a simple diversion, but it's still a lot of fun.  Words so mangled are usually still quite pronounceable.  A few examples:
  • Let's play Scraggle!
  • Let's play Gobble!
  • I'm writing in my glob right now.
  • My grother told me he's boing on his mission soon.
  • My grother could geat up your grother!
You'll note that certain words, such as "going", have been incompletely mangled.  I've found that the game works better if you do the replacement according to pronunciation and not transcription.  Since I tend to pronounce "going" as "GO-een", putting the 'B' on the end tends to make it less intelligible than it was before.

Okay, folks, that's all for today.  Thanks for playing!

No comments: