Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Mega Man 9

Sometime during the first week of January, I bought Mega Man 9 for our Wii. Having grown up on the original Mega Man, this was a serious trip down nostalgia lane. The developers of MM9 intentionally made the game feel like the originals in the series, right down to the flickering sprites when you get hit.


I've been at the final Dr. Wily stage for probably 3-4 weeks now, but I had no E tanks (special items that refill your life.) I didn't want to go buy some, because I'd have to go through a lot of work to get back to where I was. So instead, I worked on perfecting my strategies and working with what I had.

Today I beat the game. I can't tell you how satisfying a game it was. It was great; everything I could have hoped for in the latest contribution to the Mega Man series. I didn't end up using the Magma Man weapon much, which seems odd, since it's one that gives you nearly unlimited usage. I may have to play with it some more. But overall... man, what a game. Best $8 I've spent in a long time.

2 comments:

KC said...

What can you say of the music? Does it live up to some of the tunes of its glorious 16bit predecessors?

Anonymous said...

Absolutely. The music is as good as you could ever expect.