Thursday, October 12, 2006

Rejection: A tutorial

Occasionally on the Board we receive questions that basically come down to this one question: "How can I turn down a date without crushing his heart?" It's never a fun question to answer because the whole time I'm just imagining myself in the place of this poor, love-stricken guy. I don't like participating in his pain.

Ladies, I have the solution. I discovered this in a very recent (read: 5 minutes ago) experience. I happened to have an extra ticket for the Divine Comedy show tomorrow. I've been looking for a date. A couple weeks ago I took a girl to dinner and we had a pretty good time, so I just barely called her up. I explained that I had an extra ticket to the show and asked if she'd like to go.

Before I even finished the question, she cut in with "Actually, I've been wanting to set you up with my roommate for a while. Would you want to go with her?"

Wow. Incredible. It even took me a second to realize that I was pretty much being summarily and irrevocably rejected. Well done. Of course, now I have a blind date for tomorrow night. Hmm. I hope she's fun.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Oh, that is good.

Unknown said...

ouch. and good luck with that.

Corona4456 said...

Seems like a win-win situation to me. Good luck with that... err well since I'm posting this afterwards... I hope it went well :).