Saturday, November 11, 2006

Christmas in November

Santa Claus came to town last week. I hope none of you missed him.

I was over at Optimistic.'s apartment a couple weeks ago and started playing on his roommate's very nice electric piano. As a life-long pianist and near-miss Piano Performance major, I like to play the piano just about any chance I get. After playing some great William Joseph music that Optimistic.'s roommate had for a while, I was thoroughly in love with pianos again.

So I did what any self-respecting kid would do. I called up Santa Claus (aka Dad) in a nearby Utah town and asked if I could have the now-unused piano at their place moved down here for the year. I even offered to help pay for the moving. It was an offer that Santa simply couldn't refuse.

So now I have a piano in my apartment. A real, live*, Steinway and Sons upright piano. And I love it. Honestly, I've been bouncing around like a little kid on December 25th at about 6:58 AM. It's great. The first day I had it, Uffish Thought and Novel Concept came over to enjoy. I pulled out my Billy Joel piano book and started playing. Before long, we were all singing along, and Novel Concept was draped along the top of the piano like you'd expect to see in a Jazz bar.

Jingle Bells... Jingle Bells...

*Well, not really live...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the piano ... I am jealous!

Harper said...

holla4hoosiers.blogspot.com

Corona4456 said...

Nice!

Tangerine said...

Wow. You are lucky. I want to hear you play it sometime. :)

Brooklyn said...

I've been waiting for this post:)

ahem. said...

Your excitement in this post is very tangible, and apparently it’s also contagious. Yay for pianos. Yay for Billy Joel. Yay for Santa!

Harper said...

Dear Amarillo:

It is time for an update.



Sincerely,

Loquacious