Thursday, March 08, 2007

Materialism at its finest

So it's my birthday. Today. While I don't really expect anything for my birthday, I've been thinking that if I were to make a list of things I wanted for my birthday, you could all get a feel for how nerdy I truly am. So, without further ado, I present my birthday list, in order of approximately decreasing likelihood that anyone will actually give it to me.

Coldplay's A Rush of Blood to the Head (Optimistic. won't be giving me this one.)


Coldplay's Parachutes (Optimistic.
objects only slightly
less to this one.)


This really nerdy shirt from xkcd.com
Any of the following Rubik's Cubes:
(They're available at the Bookstore)
This LED binary clock from ThinkGeek.
Any of the Star Wars prequel movies on DVD, just to round out my collection. (Widescreen, please.)
Any of the Lord of the Rings movies on DVD. (Extended edition and widescreen, please.)
A couple Gamecube controllers for my newly acquired Gamecube.
A television for use with the Gamecube.
An iPod of any variety. I kinda like the green ones, if you're buying.
A tuning for the upright piano in my apartment.
A voucher for a new MacBook once OS X Leopard comes out.

Yep, I think that ought to do. That should fill my materialistic quota for the next century.
Of course, if you're actually considering buying me any of these things, I'm perfectly willing to extend the deadline well beyond the 8th. Just so you know.

8 comments:

Katria said...

Happy Birthday!

Our upright piano has been out of tune my whole life. In-tune pianos kind of sound weird to me now.

Genuine Draft said...

Happy birthday Yellow! My how you've grown.

Rach said...

It's funny that you say your list is nerdy, because most of those thing seem cool to me! :)

Corona4456 said...

Happy late b-day. Hope you get some of those things on your list :). Don't count on me though... I have a family to support!

Brooklyn said...

Yeah, you do seem taller. Genuine Draft makes an accurate comment.

N.F. said...

Happy late birthday!

And, thanks for the link to that binary clock. I have a friend who would freaking LOVE that!

BJ Homer said...

Oh... all my pictures disappeared! Sad!

Eris said...

Wow, I was just really bored and poking around at The Board website, and came across the writer profiles. So I decided to go look at writer's blogs. That's an impressive birthday list, I just wanted to say that I love Coldplay (I have both those CDs you want), and Lord of the Rings (I have the extended edition). I wish there was a piano in my apartment.