Saturday, August 05, 2006

Summer of Love

Let's begin by stating a few things. I like girls. I really do. I enjoy dating. When I'm in Provo, it's not at all unusual for me to go on 2-3 dates per week, often with different girls. This makes me quite happy, since in high school I probably went on 10 dates total in 3 years. I've been feeling quite good about my social situation. I think I'm about right where I should be.

But evidence would suggest otherwise. Between March 1 and August 5, I have been invited the weddings of no less than 12 friends. These aren't just acquaintances either. My best friend, wonderful mission companions, roommates... these are all the people I hang out with! A few others are getting married, but I haven't heard directly from them yet, bringing the total to over 15. With only 2 exceptions, they're all my age.

I don't know what's gotten into everybody, but apparently Summer 2006 is the designated time for everyone to get married. And I missed the boat. That's perfectly fine with me; I'll get married when I love the girl so much there's no question that I want to be with her forever.

Anyway, if anyone else would like to announce their Summer 2006 engagements, please feel free to comment. Especially if you happen to actually know me.

3 comments:

Corona4456 said...

Well I'm not getting married anytime soon so you don't have to worry about that. I just wanted to say though that maybe this is a surreptitious sign that is going to come back and haunt you! :D

Kris10 said...

I completely feel like we are in the same boat...that is the everyone around you is getting married boat!

I also have to say that I LOVE the color yellow, and was so excited to see that a board writer also understands the joy and beauty of said color!

Have a great day!
Always,
Kristen

Melyngoch said...

Oh, you too? I've only lost five friends to the unknown paths of engagement, but still, it's all a little disorienting. Mostly it's just my excuse for finally buying the corset I always wanted, though.