Wednesday, August 30, 2006

It's a Small World

Two stories.

Story #1: Before my mission, I worked in a BYU cafeteria. Once I got out of the dishroom, I was mostly responsible for restocking drinks and cleaning up spills. Certainly not the most glamorous of jobs, but my co-worked and I got along really well, so the time went pretty quick. He taught me the ropes of the job, and we quickly got a routine down so that most of our time was spent just standing around and talking. We laughed about all the funny things people wore, who sat with whom, and occasionally snuck drinks out of the almost-empty Chocolate milk bags. Mmmmm.

Story #2: I checked into my apartment today to drop off a few things before I move in for good. As I was picking up my key, one of my roommates was there. He said "Oh, you're [insert Yellow's name here]. You know our other roommate [insert roommate's name here] then." I wasn't aware of knowing any such roommate, so I was quite surprised. I got into my apartment, but nobody was there, so I didn't get to find out.

The point of all this: I did some further investigation. They're the same person. Walt Disney was right.

It's a Small World After All

3 comments:

Rachel Helps said...

at least at BYU it is...

ahem. said...

I just recently got a new roommate. I didn't know her or anything about her. But I liked her fine. I was at work a couple days later when my new roommate walked in. We just stared at each other for a minute and then burst out laughing. Turns out, we've worked in the same place for almost a year, and we've just never gotten to know each other at all.

...

Well, I thought it was funny.

Corona4456 said...

I had something like this happen to me the other day. There was this guy in high school that I played football with. He was an extremely fast runner. Since I was in a flag football league his name came up and we talked about how awesome it would be to have him on our team... so on and so forth. A few weeks later my girlfriend's sister sends me an instant message saying "Hey do you know [insert guy's name here]". I thought it was kind of odd at first that she would ask me about this guy out of the blue but I messaged her back and said yeah... turns out this guy had come over to my g/f's sister's house to hang out even though he knew nothing about her and my g/f being sisters.

P.S. We recruited him for our flag football team :)