Friday, September 22, 2006

A Board Invasion

Earlier tonight, we Board Writers set into motion our secret plans to take over the world one apartment at a time. With an effective blitzkrieg, we completely overran all local defenses and established a beachhead from which to continue our forward march.

Okay, that wasn't actually true. But we did have a lot of fun tonight. Through a series of events, a certain writer had committed to deliver brownies to a reader's apartment, a reader whom she had never met in person.

Not given to doing things in a small way, this writer invited 10 other writers and a few friends to come along. We all crowded around the front door of the apartment and knocked on the door, muffling our giggles so as to not alert the tenants. They opened the door, (quite shocked to see 13 people standing outside the door at 11 PM), the writer in question introduced herself, and the collective Board invaded the apartment. We laughed about the wonder that is the Board and various Writers for about 30 minutes and then left. Mission accomplished. We did leave them brownies, though.

Watch out; your apartment could be next.

6 comments:

Rachel Helps said...

I wouldn't say the collective Board... (why was I left out? Granted, I was proctering a test...)

erin said...

That was awesome.

Rach said...

Wow! That sounds like a lot of fun.

ahem. said...

Seriously. How did I get left out? Granted, I was working pretty much all day... but still!

Tara said...

If I promise brownies will I get to meet Board members, too?

Cinderella said...

What if I just. . . know lots of writers? (I do. I'm just not one.) Can I get brownies?

Oh wait....I do live about 45 minutes north of all of you. That's not terribly conducive to brownie-receiving.

*sigh*

I like your blog, Yellow.